Anders Behring Breivik, the mass murderer responsible for the 77 deaths at Oslo, threatened to go on a hunger strike unless he receives better video games. He claims to be in a horrible situation that’s virtually torture. He’s serving a 21 year sentence, the longest possible in Norway. Here’s a list of some of his demands.
- He wants his outdated PlayStation 2 to be replaced with a PlayStation 3
- He wants adult games that he can pick for himself rather than the childish games his fellow inmates want
- He wants his typewriter to be replaced with a PC
- He wants his weekly allowance, roughly $46, to be doubled so he could send more letters out
- He wants a sofa or armchair rather than the uncomfortable seat he has.
Wow. You’d think he was in prison with such harsh conditions he’s suffering.
He continues on with the following:
You’ve put me in hell … and I won’t manage to survive that long. You are killing me. If I die, all of Europe’s right-wing extremists will know exactly who it was that tortured me to death … That could have consequences for certain individuals in the short term but also when Norway is once again ruled by a fascist regime in 13 to 40 years from now… You seem to think that we — all human rights activists who fight for one fundamental human right (cultural self-determination) — … are Nazi monsters who should be pushed into suicide.
So, let me get this straight. You think your chair is uncomfortable. The video games you have the liberty to play are a few years outdated. You have a typewriter rather than a PC with all those neat programs you’re used to having. You want to have similar freedoms that you had when you were not imprisoned.
What kind of pampered douchebag is this guy? The Norwegian police haven’t responded to his threat yet, but I’m hoping they tell him the following: Well maybe you shouldn’t have killed those people, asshole.