- Grand Theft Auto V has exceeded over $1 billion in sales in only three days. This is the fastest selling video game ever. More impressively, no other entertainment product ever reached this milestone this quickly.
- The Xbox One’s disk drive was designed to work horizontally rather than vertically. Albert Panello, senior designer of the Xbox One, warns gamers that putting the Xbox One vertical is done at their own risk.
- Microsoft revealed at a financial meeting that 40% of all Xbox Live users are female.
- Hiroshi Yamauchi, the 3rd president of Nintendo, passed away recently. He was 85 years old. He was president from 1949 to May 31st, 2002. He will be missed.
- Sony aims to sell 5 million PS4s by Marth 2014. This, on top of the unexpected interest in the PS Vita hints at a bright future for Sony’s brand.
- Sega purchased Index Corporation, the parent company of Atlus.
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck recently advocated for a national registry for video games on Fox and Friends. She raised this to counter calls for a national registry for firearms. Though her protest could be taken tongue in cheek, her voice joined a growing consensus among the media that video games are dangerous.